A former twelfth century feudal fortress. The customs were granted to the occupants in 1278 by Noble Homme Seguy de Gasques-Chevalier, also responsible for the doubling and raising of the walls pierced with arrow slits, and guns. During the occupation of the region by the English, the Black Prince Noir to capture this fortress which was reputed to be untakeable with its basements dug by the famous Naudonnet de Lustrac. Simon de Montfort, before entering the Cité de Carcassonne, laid siege unsuccessfully to the chateau. The kingdoms leading families all wished to possess this stronghold which bestowed on its owner the right to the title «Marquis or defender of the Marches of the Kingdom of France». More information on request.
1525 m² of habitable surface (16415 sqFt)
Equipped separate kitchen
20 hectares of land (49.43 acres)