Stunning 4 bedroom farmhouse with separate 3 bedroom stone cottage and large barn.
Condition: Ready to move in.
- great potential for a wide range of building possibilities (barn and ruins)
- both houses restored in the highest manner (oak exposed beams, stone, “ardoise” slate roofs)
- private well
- lawned area, veggy garden and orchard
- 10 minutes from amenities
Situated in a tiny peaceful hamlet just minutes from lively Treignac (rated as one of the most enchanting villages of France) with its bank, supermarket, bakers, schools, post office, shops and cafes, and the magnificent Bariousses lake with its beach, restaurant, playground, water sport facilities and minigolf.
One hour from Limoges (free motorway), half an hour from Brive la Gaillarde, two hours from Toulouse.
This lovely property is is full of character and beautifully appointed with spacious living areas including:
- a main property with a fabulous farmhouse kitchen, gorgeous lounge with mezzanine/bedroom plus 4 double bedrooms (one en suite) plus 2 bathrooms.
- a fantastic quality stone house, with 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom cottage.
- a large barn between the two houses, offers a very interesting building potential (2 apartments).
- a little cottage (in the garden), provides an additional, private double bedroom (mezzanine) with shower and a small lounge.
Both properties have been restored in the highest manner, using local products like oak timber beams and both are fully double glazed . The smaller stone house has brand new top quality wood shutters and steel “persiennes”.
The whole property sits on one hectare of flat land and would be ideal for those wishing to keep horses or livestock.
Mature private gardens with a vegetable plot and fruit trees (walnuts, blackberry, pears, apples, prawns, etc...) compliment the whole area.
Private parking for 4/5 cars.
The main farmhouse has been carefully converted into a fabulous home and comprises (approx. In m2):
- Entrance hall (3.5)
- toilet and basin (4)
- farmhouse kitchen/diner (40)
- lounge (40)
- study/bedroom (7.5)
- mezzanine/bedroom (20)
- three double bedrooms (one with master en suite) (17, 10 and 10)
- full bathroom and additional shower room (5).
Insulated and floored attic for storage. (30) .
Central oil heating (also provides hot water) and large stove in the lounge.
The second stone house is presently let as three stars gite and has been sympathetically renovated in the same style as the main house and comprises (in m2):
- open plan kitchen, diner and lounge (50), with amazing inglenook fireplace
- full bathroom (7.5)
- shower room and bathroom (4.5)
- three bedrooms (9, 8 and 8)
- catchall (2).
Insulated and floored attic for storage (25)
Private garden area.
Heating: wood burner and electric. Hot water: electric
Annexes and outbuildings
- A 12 m2 old stone bread oven has been converted into a lovely “maison d’amis”, with a double bedroom (mezzanine) little lounge and shower;
- Further development of the 130 m2 barn is possible and the owner has architect drawn plans to convert into 2 houses (gites) of about 90 m2 each;
- Two ruins enrich the property building potential.
Total area 1,01 hectares.
- energy performance: E
Individual sewage drainage system (septic tanks).
Individual electric and water meters.
A private well would provide water in all seasons (presently public supply water).
Taxe fonciére around 570 euros for the whole property.
The property can be sold with furniture, fixtures and fittings.
Floor: 2 out of 2
good structural condition
5 parking spaces
260 m² of habitable surface (2799 sqFt)
2 parking spaces (in garage)
10000 m² of land (107639 sqFt)
oil-fired central heating
Not including notarial fees, registration and land registration fees.
Price / sq metre: €/m² 1,288.46
Private property listing