La Chapelle was known as La Chapelle Sainte-Radagonde de Mancioux, dedicated to the queen of France whom during the 7th century rode through this region in her chariot searching for marble along the banks of the Garonne. La Chapelle was built sitting on a hill above the village in 1858 and is connected to the village by a Roman bridge. The last religious ceremony was conducted in 1939 and it remained empty until being restored by the current owners. There is no graveyard nor religious artefacts as it was used more as a hospital than a religious building. It is a welcoming home with a peaceful relaxed ambiance, yet only 5 minutes from shops, businesses, trains and the motorway and 40 minutes from Toulouse. Surrounded by it's own landscaped gardens and with a wonderful pool, echoing the shape of the chapel itself, it overlooks the valley below with the Pyrenees mountains in the background. Spain can be reached in under one hour and Andorra is approximately two hours away. Dating from 1846 the deconsecrated chapel has undergone a complete refit, careful not to alter or denature the original stone walls but adding a luxurious interior the present owners have created a property of extreme rarity. The present accommodation is over two floors with 4 double bedrooms, 3 of which are en suite. The ground floor is open plan with fitted kitchen, dining area, sitting area and a snug winter corner with a feature log burner. The entire ground floor is tiled in reconstituted limestone and is fitted with underfloor heating from an air source heat pump. A house bathroom and technical room complete the ground floor accommodation. On the first floor the bedrooms are individual with bespoke bathrooms and quality Duravit appliances in the adjoining shower rooms. A stairway from the master bedroom suite has just been installed giving access to a 2nd level area of approximately 28 square meters, ideal as a private office, library etc. To the exterior the 4 x 8.5 meter oxygenated pool has Roman steps and is heated via an air source heat pump. It has underwater lights and a counter current and wooden decking surround. Two wooden sheds house the garden equipment and pool treatment plant. The generous garden has plenty of different seating areas to enjoy the views over the wild flower meadow, rockeries, raised vegetable garden area and on to the valley views beyond. Offered in immaculate condition it is now looking for new owners to continue it's journey in history.
Price € 650,000
Price / sq metre: €/m² 3,095.24
Professional property listing
Agency: SUD PROPRIETES